Open Door 2019 T-shirt Official Contest Rules
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who submit the requested design files to [email protected] and who are 16 years of age as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States of America, and is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Lubbock Open Door d/b/a Open Door as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: The Contest will run from Friday, May 3, 2019 to Sunday, May 19, 2019. Entries will be only be accepted online and must be received by Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 11:59p.m. CST. Entries received after the deadline set forth above and in the Contest announcement are ineligible, null, and void.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry to [email protected] with the subject line “T-Shirt Entry – Your Name” (for example: T-Shirt Entry – John Smith). The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Open Door. You may enter a maximum of two (2) designs for consideration. You must provide the information and the formats requested (See #5 for details) to qualify for consideration. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Open Door.
- Submission Format/Guidelines:
- All submissions must either contain the words #livethrivebelong OR the Open Door logo (provided at opendoorlbk.org/blog).
- Designs may have no more than three colors.
- Entries can only be submitted electronically to [email protected] in accordance with the entry rules above.
- All submissions must be high resolution JPG/JPEG/PNG files.
- Designs may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
- It is recommended that designs are rendered in Adobe Illustrator or similar design programs.
- Entries must include the contestant’s name, mailing address, email address, phone number and social media profile names in the body of the email.
- Up to five (5) finalists will be asked to submit a clear photograph of themselves for promotion purposes.
- Please note that the design will appear on the front of the Open Door T-shirt.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59pm (CST) on Sunday, May 19th.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive two (2) free T-shirts, a $100 VISA gift card, 4 Alamo Drafthouse movie tickets, and promotion/celebration on Open Door social media sites. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Open Door. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Open Door’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Open Door to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification:
- Round 1 – Up to five (5) finalists will be identified by an Open Door select committee.
- Round 2 – The Winner will be selected by online votes via Facebook under the supervision of Open Door. Voting will open Friday, May 31, 2019 at 8:00am and closes on Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 11:59pm.
The Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Open Door shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT OPEN DOOR‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Open Door, anyone acting on behalf of Open Door, and Open Door’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Open Door. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Open Door from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Open Door may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Open Door reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Open Door’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Open Door may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Open Door. Open Door reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Open Door has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Open Door reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Open Door and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
You acknowledge and agree that materials submitted by you may be made available by Open Door for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with materials that you submit to Open Door. By submitting materials to Open Door, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the materials.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Open Door; 1918 13th Street; Lubbock, TX 79401. Requests must be received no later than June 15, 2019 at 11:59pm.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Open Door; 1918 13th Street; Lubbock, TX 79401.
- Social Media: The Contest hosted by Open Door is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Contest Agreement: In submitting your entry, You, the Contestant, indicated that You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.